(Dress up F.A.Q. is here)
After thinking about it for a while, I decided that The Dress Up Advent Calendar makes its triumphant return! Yes, that's right! It seems like a mighty fine idea right now, I'll regret later.
What is this about? I intend to make an advent calendar for December 2016 where you get a new dress up every day until Christmas. The content of the said dress ups will be determined by a lottery amongst the lottery entries from my visitors.
Here be the rules:
- The following will lead to disqualification: Trying to request/suggest/whatever me to draw something for you outside the lottery, usage of chatspeak, multiple entries from one person, general annoying troll/spam behaviour on my dA page, entries that show blatant disinterest in following the rules.
- Entering happens by posting a comment on this journal. In the comment put the words "Lottery entry" and description of what you want in the dress up. Entries without the words "Lottery entry" will be ignored. Here is an example entry.
- You have time until December 31st 2015, 11:59 PM GMT.
- I reserve the right to update the rules in case I remember something important.
You can edit your comment as much as you want before the deadline.
Linking to reference pictures is not obligatory but very much recommended. I can do a google search on the subject but not an extensive study; unless my gallery gives a reason to believe otherwise you should assume that I'm not particularly interested in the series. If you don't give sufficient reference you lose the right to complain that I didn't include something because if left to choose I'll probably pick what I like best or find the most convenient to draw rather than what's important in the series.
If you want different characters in the dress up and they have different body types, please specify whose body I should use as the doll.
I will not draw:
- Anything over PG-13
- The doll from photos or too realistic art
- Furries (animal ears and tail are ok but the doll must be human)
- Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail or My Little Pony.
- Original characters (OCs).
- Fan designs unless you can link to the author stating it's ok for others to use their designs.
Anything else is ok.
Size-wise the dress up will be medium-sized. That means that you don't need to limit it to only a handful of items, but don't except a character creator with hundreds of options either. So please no "all the 30+ characters and their alternate outfits from this long-running series". You can look for the earlier days of the previous Advent Calendars for reference if you want. If you ask for too much content I'll simply pick what I like to draw best so you may want to specify which is the most important thing.
Choosing the winners
Once the lottery is over I'll randomly pick half the dress ups and for the other half choose the ideas I like best. The names of the winners and what they requested will be included in the artist's comments of the finished dress up.
(Also, I haven't forgotten about the second prize for the previous lottery from half a year ago. I'm... uh, working on it right now. Sorry about the delay!)
Alright, that's all for now!