Okay, after a long and hard consideration I've picked my favourite for the Pokemon Beta Summer Contest
. (entries 1
/ entries 2
/ all entries in my style
Not going to details yet because you'd skip to the winner anyway soooooo:
(entry number 4 in this
Picking the winner was very, very hard, and my family and Fioletowooka in mails have been subjected to a lot of "urrgggh picking just one is far too difficult!" whining a lot. There were a lot of entries I loved so there was no insta-win candidate, so I had to resort to elimination-type judging. At some point I had gotten the entries down to 16, then to 10 and 8, but things got very heated when there were only 5 entries left, and dropping any of them was extremely difficult. Especially I loved the three finalists pretty much equally and I would've wanted to reward all of them if I had the time. But unfortunately I don't have, so I had to pick one. Annnnd the reasons for DevJ-yeti's desing winning being:
- Reminds me of a pokemon outfit instantly
- But still not too similar to any already existing Pokemon outfit so it doesn't look like copying
- Also the long shirt + capri pants + long sleeveless dress + boots is something I could desing for Beta myself
- Enough details not to be boring or just an average everyday outfit,
- but manages to keep it simple, Pokemon outfits aren't really that complicated.
- The colourscheme attracted my eye right away when I first saw it, it's nice and earthly, and it has picked a few colours that go well together and don't clash and has had the patience to stick with them.
- I love the big pockets, collar, hem and headband.
All in all it's very nice to look at to my eye.
I hope everyone had fun designing and drawing, though it's unfortunate that there can only be one winner. I had great fun having a contest and getting all your entries, so thanks to everyone who took part! Maybe I'll have another contest next Christmas or summer...?
Please do not ask me who were or were not the other "finalists", I won't tell.
I'll send the winner a note as soon as I get it written.