Well, what is this about then? I intend to make an advent calendar for this year's December where you get a new mini dress up every day. The content of the said mini dress ups will be determined by a lottery amongst the requests of my visitors. Without further ado, let's proceed to the rules:
1) Read and understand the rules. Fail to abide by them and you're out right away, it's not my fault if you can't be bothered to learn them.
2) The following will lead to disqualification as well:
∅ Trying to request/suggest/give ideas for/etc dress ups anywhere on my DA
∅ Multiple entries by one person; only one entry per person is allowed
∅ Usage of chatspeak.
3) If you don't understand the rules or you're unsure about your reference pictures you're welcome to ask more before taking part.
4) You have time until April 30th 2012, 11:59 PM GMT. Entries after this will be ignored.
5) Send your entry as a NOTE (not a comment). Use "Dress up lottery : THE NAME OF THE SERIES/THEME IN YOUR ENTRY" as the title of your note.
6) I reserve the right to update the rules in case I remember something important.
In your note write the name of the series/theme and the character(s) you want to have in the dress up and include links to your reference pictures. You can give further explanation on the pictures in words if you want only a part of the outfit from them included or there is something else that should be noted about them. Please note that I only draw stuff from reference pictures you provide; If you can't be bothered to search the reference don't except me to do it either.
1) The entry (both characters and their outfits) should be only about one series (or movie, game, etc) OR it should have some other common theme (such as magical girls, characters by the same author etc. "Random characters I like from different series" is not an acceptable theme.)
2) The amount of the "items" in your entry should be between 40 and 70. Each of the following count as one "item":
∅ Piece of clothing (such as shirt, pair of shoes, glasses, necklace)
∅ Alternative hairstyle
∅ Alternative character
∅ Character creator of a series/theme is ok. In this case, each changeable option (eye style, front hair, skirt, pair of shoes etc) is one "item". Alternative body styles (sex, weight, pose etc) are not allowed.
3) Only one doll per game (so no couples dress ups). Please only pick characters of the same sex if you include alternative characters. I only draw one base body so If you have characters of different body types please state whose body type I should use as a base.
4) I will not draw:
∅ Anything over PG-13
∅ The doll from photos or photorealistic drawings; I need a drawing for reference.
∅ Furries (animal ears and tail are ok but the doll must be human)
∅ Anything from Naruto, Bleach or Twilight
∅ Original characters (OCs).
Anything else is ok.
5) Reference pictures should be clear enough that a person not familiar with the series is able to use them for drawing reference. EXAMPLE: This is a good reference picture. This is not, because it's too small and blurry. If the picture is cut so that you can't see something properly please use an additional picture(s) to back it up.
6) Count the "items" in your request and include the number to your entry. This is important so I can throw out the entries by people who can't be bothered to even consider the effort that has to be put to the game so don't forget it!
CHOOSING THE WINNERS
∅ After the dead line for the lottery is over I will write an algorithm that randomly chooses 20 of the accepted entries. Additionally, I will choose four entries I like best to be included with the winners. (I'll decide the 25th all on my own if you're thinking that the numbers don't add up to an advent calendar)
∅ The results of the lottery will not be published or told to the winners, everyone will get to know the winners when opening the advent calendar next December. All good children should know that you're not supposed to know the contents of the advent calendar before the day you open it
∅ The names of the winners and what they requested will be included in the finished dress up product.
∅ If a winner is banned or if they spam, troll, beg for art/points/whatever or otherwise act like an idiot on my DA page before the release of the advent calendar they will be disqualified and someone else is chosen instead.
You have plenty of time so please don't rush mindlessly with bad quality reference images, that will only lead to excluding you from the lottery. And as said previously you're welcome to ask if a particular reference picture is good enough or how you should count the "items" or anything else regarding the rules, so please rather ask for clarification instead of using an improper entry.
How you should count the "items" is not absolute and it's not a problem if you miss a shirt or two; it's there just so that it's easier for me to rule out people who try to stuff in 200 items without thinking anything at all.
Alright, I think that is all. Good luck to everyone who intends to participate!