The dead line of the contest is over, you can't take part any more.
1. Read this journal entry. I'm afraid that your chances of winning are rather slim if you don't.
2. If there's something unclear you're most welcome to ask more.
3. As said previously, the subject is to design a magical girl outfit for my character Beta.
4. You have time until October 1st 2012, 11:59 PM GMT. Entries after this will be ignored.
5. Only one entry per person. All entries are final and can't be replaced with a newer idea.
6. Only use your own art and not your friend's/sibling's/grandmother's/random internet person's whose art you stole/your goldfish's, or screen shots of dollmakers or dress ups.
*You can use a base if you link to the source and the creator of the base explicitly states it's ok to use it
7. Mature Content entries are not accepted.
8. Do not remove the Deviation from your gallery until the winner is declared.
9. I (~Hapuriainen) will be the one to judge the entries. The winner is chosen based on the originality and creativity of the design, and how well it fits the character.
10. All entries will be posted in a compilation journal where the winner is also declared.
11. I may use the designs in non-commercial fanart. The designer(s) will be credited in the artist's comments.
12. I reserve the right to update the rules in case I forgot something super important.
The character is not really a magical girl, but if she were I'd give her snow/ice powers, and use (desaturated) turquoise, blue, green or white as the main colour(s) for the design.
Please colour your entry or at least describe the colours in the artist's comments if colouring is absolutely impossible.
Please draw the character too and not just the outfit.
Taking ideas from existing series is ok, but please make it an original design and not just a new member to Sailor Moon / Tokyo Mew Mew/ Winx /some other series.
You can draw a weapon too and it counts as a part of the outfit (and therefore is included in the judging of the whole design). You can draw other stuff too (like a background or pet or whatever) if you're feeling artistic, but they won't affect the judging.
This is a designing contest, not a drawing contest. I'll pick the winner solely based on the design, not based on who has the best drawing skills. And no medium is better than other, just because someone has an expensive drawing program does not mean that they have any better chances at winning than someone who uses coloured pencils. So please don't be afraid to take part! And especially, please don't comment "I'd like to take part but I can't draw....", for this contest I only care about your designing skills and not how anatomically correct you can draw a human.
How to participate
1. Draw the picture based on the rules above.
2. Upload it to your DeviantArt account.
3. Send me the following Note (not a comment):
* Title "Magical Girl Beta Contest"
* A link to your entry.
* (whatever else you wish to say, optional)
4. Do not say anything about the game you'd like to request in case you win. I don't want the subject I'll have to draw to affect the judging in positive or negative way. I'll ask the winner about their request via note later.
5. Usage of chatspeak gets you disqualified.
6. When I read your note I will send you a note back so you know I've received your entry. If you do not get a note back within 3 days please inform me so we can make sure your entry didn't somehow disappear to the depths of internet.
1. The size of the game I'll make and the effort put into it is something around this game.
2. The winner must be ready to tell me what outfits they want, "I don't know, just draw something" kind of indicates you're not interested in the prize.
3. The winner must be ready to help with providing decent reference if it's a series I'm not familiar with.
4. I will not draw:
* Anything past PG-13
* The doll from photos or photorealistic drawings (way past my skill level, I need a drawing for reference)
* Furries (animal ears and tail are ok but the doll must be human)
* Naruto, Bleach, Twilight (the vampire book) or Pinkie Pie.
Anything else is ok. Outfits can be from photos.
5. I'll discuss the content of the game with the winner after the results have been published, please don't talk about it until the winner is declared.
6. I reserve the right to postpone the making of the game in case I get sick etc. But I'll try to make it as soon as possible.
7. If the winner doesn't reply with a subject (and reference) within 4 weeks of the time I send them a "you won!" note someone else gets the prize.
I think that was all. Good luck to everyone who plans to participate!